- Our office is open. We continue to observe our normal office hours during the COVID-19 pandemic to serve your essential legal needs. Our staff and attorneys are taking as many reasonable precautions as we can to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our clients and staff. If you need special assistance because of age or special health conditions, please let us know how we can accommodate you. Obviously, if you have been exposed or have any of the common symptoms, we respectfully request that you refrain from coming into the office and allow us to find an accommodation that will work for you.
- Federal & Iowa Filing & Tax Payment Deadlines Extended. Both the Internal Revenue Service and the Iowa Department of Revenue have announced special relief during the COVID-19 pandemic. Each has announced that the filing and payment deadlines have been extended to July. No special filings are required for this relief. We will, nevertheless, continue to prepare income tax returns as quickly as we can in the order that they come in.
- Assistance for Businesses affected by COVID-19. From Iowa Workforce Development: The State of Iowa, the Federal government, and the Small Business Administration are offering loans and grants for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The links to information sheets below provide summaries of these programs, as well as links with contact information and application procedures as currently available. Small businesses are also encouraged to contact their banks or credit unions for additional information. Iowa Division of Banking (IDOB) Summary of SBA Loan Programs.pdf Small Business Grant and Loan Programs - Information Summary Sheet.pdf See also: http://www.iowabusinessrecovery.com https://www.iowaeconomicdevelopment.com/businessrecovery Loans for small businesses and nonprofits: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/ Loans information: https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19
- Jane M. Mathison retired on June 30, 2019. We will miss her graciousness and wise counsel. With a little bit of pride, we note that Jane was the pioneer for women in Ames. When she sought a job in another local firm, the partner there responded, “A woman lawyer?” Well, after forty years with Pasley and Singer Law Firm, Jane clearly proved that, not only could a woman successfully practice law, but she could do it at the highest levels. If you worked with Jane, the remaining attorneys have your file and will be happy to assist with your future needs.
- Electronic payment available. Our clients may pay invoices or make trust deposits electronically. Visit the Payments page on our website to initiate a credit card or e-check payment. We accept e-checks, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
Normal office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to Noon and 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. (Central Time U.S.A.) with other times available by special appointment
FIND AN ATTORNEY
WHAT WE DO
Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P., is a general practice law firm, which practice includes, but is not limited to:
In addition, we also practice in the following areas of law: Administrative Law, Adoption Law, Agricultural Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Banking Law, Business Law (including business organization, partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), incorporations, and sales of businesses and business assets), Civil Rights, Commercial Law, Construction Law, Corporate Law, Criminal Defense, Elder Law, Employment Law, Family Law (including divorce, prenuptial agreements, child support, child custody, dissolution modification), Government, Government Contracts, Litigation, Personal Injury (including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Wrongful Death), Product Liability, Professional Negligence Law, Real Estate (including mortgage loan closings, IRC Section 1031 exchanges, subdivisions, platting, condominiums, and cooperative housing), Municipal Law, Taxation Law and Tax Preparation, Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate Law (including financial and medical powers of attorney, guardianships and conservatorships, trust administration, and estate administration), Workers Compensation, Zoning, Planning & Land Use
The offices of the Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P., are located in Ames, Iowa. The lawyers and staff of the Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P., serve clients throughout Iowa, including the cities of Ames, Nevada, Gilbert, Huxley, Slater, Zearing, Story City, Roland, McCallsburg, Colo, Cambridge, Sheldahl, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Fort Dodge, Waterloo, Marshalltown, Boone, Webster City, Eldora, Grundy Center, Newton, Adel, Eldora, Ankeny, Johnston, Indianola, Cedar Falls, Jefferson, Marshalltown, Clarion, Knoxville, and the communities that make up Story, Polk, Linn, Webster, Blackhawk, Marshall, Boone, Hamilton, Jasper, Dallas, Hardin, Warren, Greene, Wright, and Marion counties.