Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P.
WHAT WE DO
Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P., is a general practice law firm, which practice includes, but is not limited to:
In addition, we also practice in the following areas of law: Administrative Law, Adoption Law, Agricultural Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Banking Law, Business Law (including business organization, partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), incorporations, and sales of businesses and business assets), Civil Rights, Commercial Law, Construction Law, Corporate Law, Criminal Defense, Elder Law, Employment Law, Family Law (including divorce, prenuptial agreements, child support, child custody, dissolution modification), Government, Government Contracts, Litigation, Personal Injury (including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Wrongful Death), Product Liability, Professional Negligence Law, Real Estate (including mortgage loan closings, IRC Section 1031 exchanges, subdivisions, platting, condominiums, and cooperative housing), Municipal Law, Taxation Law and Tax Preparation, Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate Law (including financial and medical powers of attorney, guardianships and conservatorships, trust administration, and estate administration), Workers Compensation, Zoning, Planning & Land Use
The offices of the Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P., are located in Ames, Iowa. The lawyers and staff of the Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P., serve clients throughout Iowa, including the cities of Ames, Nevada, Gilbert, Huxley, Slater, Zearing, Story City, Roland, McCallsburg, Colo, Cambridge, Sheldahl, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Fort Dodge, Waterloo, Marshalltown, Boone, Webster City, Eldora, Grundy Center, Newton, Adel, Eldora, Ankeny, Johnston, Indianola, Cedar Falls, Jefferson, Marshalltown, Clarion, Knoxville, and the communities that make up Story, Polk, Linn, Webster, Blackhawk, Marshall, Boone, Hamilton, Jasper, Dallas, Hardin, Warren, Greene, Wright, and Marion counties.
- Welcome Stacey Rogers, who joined the firm as as associate on August 8. Stacey is a 2010 graduate of the University of Iowa College of Law with distiction. Stacey is an experienced transactional attorney, with experience in real estate transactions and development, business and corporate law, and estate planning and probate.
- John Tillo Named to 2016 Super Lawyers Great Plains Rising Stars List &emdash; John Tillo has been selected for inclusion in the 2016 Super Lawyers Great Plains Rising Stars list. He was also selected in 2015. Super Lawyers selects attorneys based on peer nominations and evaluations combined with third party research. Each attorney is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis, and no more than 2.5 percent of the attorneys within a state are selected. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, attorneys must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less.
- Our friend and colleague, Larry R. Curtis, died January 20, 2016, at the age of 70 years at Israel Family Hospice House in Ames. Funeral services were held January 25, 2016. Larry will be greatly missed. Read the obituary in the Des Moines Register
- Amanda Hassid, became associated with the firm on October 7, 2015. Amanda previously practiced commercial litigation at Clayton Utz in Sydney, Australia and at Sidley Austin in San Francisco, California, and she clerked for (now Chief) Justice Rice of the Colorado Supreme Court following law school. Hassid will have a general practice with the firm. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from Amherst College in Massachusetts, and graduated cum laude from University of California Hastings College of the Law in 2007, where she was a member of the Thurston Honor Society.
- In June 2016, Iowa State Bar Association President Skip Kenyon Frank Feilmeyer to serve on the Real Estate and Title Law Section Council. Frank is also beginning his second year as chair of the Title Standards Committee.
Normal office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to Noon and 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. (Central Time U.S.A.) with other times available by special appointment
FIND AN ATTORNEY