FIND AN ATTORNEY
WHAT WE DO
Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P., is a general practice law firm, which practice includes, but is not limited to:
In addition, we also practice in the following areas of law: Administrative Law, Adoption Law, Agricultural Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Banking Law, Business Law (including business organization, partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), incorporations, and sales of businesses and business assets), Civil Rights, Commercial Law, Construction Law, Corporate Law, Criminal Defense, Elder Law, Employment Law, Family Law (including divorce, prenuptial agreements, child support, child custody, dissolution modification), Government, Government Contracts, Litigation, Personal Injury (including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Wrongful Death), Product Liability, Professional Negligence Law, Real Estate (including mortgage loan closings, IRC Section 1031 exchanges, subdivisions, platting, condominiums, and cooperative housing), Municipal Law, Taxation Law and Tax Preparation, Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate Law (including financial and medical powers of attorney, guardianships and conservatorships, trust administration, and estate administration), Workers Compensation, Zoning, Planning & Land Use
The offices of the Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P., are located in Ames, Iowa. The lawyers and staff of the Pasley and Singer Law Firm, L.L.P., serve clients throughout Iowa, including the cities of Ames, Nevada, Gilbert, Huxley, Slater, Zearing, Story City, Roland, McCallsburg, Colo, Cambridge, Sheldahl, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Fort Dodge, Waterloo, Marshalltown, Boone, Webster City, Eldora, Grundy Center, Newton, Adel, Eldora, Ankeny, Johnston, Indianola, Cedar Falls, Jefferson, Marshalltown, Clarion, Knoxville, and the communities that make up Story, Polk, Linn, Webster, Blackhawk, Marshall, Boone, Hamilton, Jasper, Dallas, Hardin, Warren, Greene, Wright, and Marion counties.
- Stacey C. Blink, joined the firm as a partner on August 1, 2017. Stacey started with the firm on August 8, 2016, after several successful years in practice in Ankeny. Stacey is a 2010 graduate of the University of Iowa College of Law with distiction. Stacey is an experienced transactional attorney accepting clients in real estate transactions and development, business and corporate law, and estate planning and probate. Stacey was recently married to her husband Peter and resides near Baxter. Welcome aboard, Stacey.
- Amanda Hassid, joined the firm as a partner on January 1, 2017. Amanda started with firm on October 7, 2015. Amanda is accepting clients for civil litigation as well as some transactional matters. Amanda previously practiced commercial litigation at Clayton Utz in Sydney, Australia and at Sidley Austin in San Francisco, California. Amanda is married to her husband Jonathan and resides in Ames with their daughter. Welcome aboard, Amanda.
- John L. Timmons retired from the practice of law effective on December 31, 2016. John enjoyed a forty-year run with the firm, starting his career in Ames as a lawyer on August 1, 1976. John is an Ames native who served both in the Peace Corps and the United States Army before going to law school and returning to Ames to settle down and raise a family. Best wishes to John and his wife Kathy as they start a new chapter.
- We have added LawPay to give our clients new options for paying invoices and making trust deposits. Visit the Payments page on our website to iniate a credit card payment. This allows us now to except Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- John Tillo was named to the 2016 Super Lawyers Great Plains Rising Stars List. He was also selected in 2015. Super Lawyers selects attorneys based on peer nominations and evaluations combined with third party research. Each attorney is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis, and no more than 2.5 percent of the attorneys within a state are selected. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, attorneys must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less.
- In June 2017, Iowa State Bar Association President Steve Eckley named Frank Feilmeyer to continue to serve on the Real Estate and Title Law Section Council. Frank has served on the Real Estate Section Council since 2008.
- In June 2017, Frank Feilmeyer was reelected by the members of the Real Estate and Title Law Section of Iowa State Bar Association to serve a third three-year term on the Title Standards Committee. Frank is currently serving as chair of the Committee.
Normal office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to Noon and 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. (Central Time U.S.A.) with other times available by special appointment